7 Steps To A Happier Pet
- Have a heart, be smart and make sure your pet is spayed and neutered.
- Make sure your pet wears a collar and current identification tag, and consider having your pet microchipped to enable him to be returned to you if he loses his collar.
- To prevent animal behavioral problems, make sure you enroll your new puppy or dog in behavioral training classes.
- Animal behavioral problems can be health-related. Make sure your pet has a complete medical exam by a veterinarian at least once a year.
- Prepare for disasters. Make sure you have a plan for your pet in the event of a hurricane, tornado, fire or flood.
- Plan for your pet’s future in case something happens to you and visit www.humansociety.org/petsinwills for more information.
- Learn how to avoid dog bites, and how to prevent your dog from biting, by going to www.humansociety.org/avoidbites.